As we grapple with the unusual lockdown due to the Corona Virus pandemic, we are running a series of questions and answers for all of us to benefit from a second opinion.
What is your biggest concern today
Do fill in the attached 2 question survey and we will reach you with our suggestions https://forms.gle/sM3yrFcn4MtV4GhM7
In this article, we are looking at the following concerns:
- Managing one’s work from home and work submission
- Connecting with reporting team-members on timely submission of assignments, arranging and ensuring attendance of group meetings
Work from Home for extended periods is something everyone may not be comfortable with or have prior experience of. Typically, as with all new things, the initial rush of ‘how cool is this’ lasts for a couple of days. Post that, the social isolation, the lack of choices in an enclosed environment, the anxiety of organizational decisions and job continuity become part of our mindset.
The best practice is to agree to some common rules among our groups. PexiScore suggests these 5 rules:
- Mails and calls need to be answered only between 9 am and 6 pm (anything else is a bonus, not a demand)
- Choose a messaging and calling service (Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc.) or the default service used in the organization, and create workgroups.
- Install the above-mentioned service on Phone and computer – to ensure you can track conversations.
- As long as the work gets done within agreed timelines, do not check where the person is/was.
- For tracking work submissions, choose 2 mediums like Google Sheets along with an email to track submissions. This way, there is less chance that any timeline/submission gets missed.
Share these or any other common rules with the team members at least once at the beginning of the day – so that it stays top of mind.
These 5 steps are easy to manage and work well to reduce the pain of coordinating and tracking.
For people with no access to systems may be asked to do some reading/learning as there is nothing better than use this time for dipping into learning resources. You can also use this time to work on Self- improvement goals for career enhancement. Keep in touch with the members of your workgroup through Whatsapp and calls at least 2 times a week.
About us: Pexitics stands for People Excellence Indicator analytics. We are an HR and Analytics organization and help companies meet KPIs in the space of People management (Create talent benchmarks for Hiring, Learning Path creation, Promotions for better Talent management, increase Revenue per employee, Reduce Absenteeism, create Mental wellness programs, etc.) We do this with a combination of Assessments and Surveys followed by analytics, giving clear insights and roadmaps for organizations and teams.
Join our WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/IEVzReV7ig5G1W1cPZ0Xk0